Company types in Latvia >> Representative office of foreign company
Representation office – representative office is independent part located in Latvia of foreign company (foreign merchant) or of a public non-profit organization which is registered abroad. Representative office has no rights to run business or carry out any business activities.
Representative office has no status of legal person.
Representative office of a foreign company or an organization must be registered in the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia.
Registration process of Representative office of foreign company in Latvia
– collection of necessary information for representative office registration;
– preparing documents for representative office registration;
– signing of documents;
– payment of state fees for registration representative office and for publication official newspaper;
– document submitting to the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia;
– registration of representative office in the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia and receiving documents
Documents to submit to the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia for registering Representative office of foreign company in Latvia
To register representative office of foreign company in Latvia one must submit following documents to register of enterprises:
– Application Form for registration representative office – it must be signed by person who have legal rights to represent foreign company or organization;
– Document which confirms that foreign merchant is registered in home country;
– Decision of foreign company or foreign organization to open representative office in Latvia and authorization to its representative;
– Articles of association of foreign company or foreign organization, regulations, or other documents similar document;
– Confirmation of real estate owner that he allows to register representative office legal address in his real estate address.
– Proof of payment (receipt) of state taxes for representative office registration;
Bank account for representative office of foreign company or organization in Latvia
According to Latvian legislation representative office registered in Latvia can open bank account in any commercial bank in Latvia or in any other country. If bank account of representative office in Latvia is opened in bank in other country then it must be reported to tax office.
So for your representative office in Latvia you can open bank account in any Latvian commercial bank and manage it via online banking (internet-bank) and use Visa or EC/MC debit or credit card.
In some commercial banks in Latvia – it is possible to open bank account remotely on basis of Power of Attorney (POA).
If You need legal services or accounting services, please contact us
Tel. (371) 29 112 333