Visas and invitations
A visa is a sticker which is placed in a travel document. Before entry into Latvia a visa must be obtained at Latvian consular missions in foreign countries.
List of countries which citizens may enter the Republic of Latvia without a visa and stay in Latvia for up to 90 days within a six-month period from the day of entry:
- Austria; – Liechtenstein;
– Belgium; – Luxemburg;
– Czech Republic; – Malta;
– Cyprus; – The Netherlands;
– Denmark; – Norway;
– Finland; – Poland;
– France; – Portugal;
– Germany; – Slovakia;
– Greece; – Slovenia;
– Hungary; – Spain;
– Estonia; – Sweden;
– Ireland; – Switzerland;
– Iceland; – United Kingdom;
– Italy; – Bulgaria;
– Lithuania; – Romania.
Citizens from countries which are not mentioned above may enter the Republic of Latvia only with visa.
There are 2 forms of visa: individual visa and group visa.
There are 3 types of visa: single-entry visa, double entry visa and multiple-entry visa.
Documents required for submitting application of visa
– valid travel document; – accomplished, signed visa application form and photo; – document copy what confirms that the applicant has a health insurance policy;
– documents what confirms the reason for entry and the expected place of residence or invitation letter of approved by the Office of Citizenship and Migration affairs (the invitation is valid for 6 months from the date of approval);
– receipt confirming payment of fees.
According to the Immigration Law, in order to be able to enter and stay in the Republic of Latvia, a foreigner must prove that one has sufficient financial means.
The following amounts are required:
– if the party extending the invitation provides the foreign national being invited with accommodation, the estimate for the required financial means is 10 LVL a day;
– if the foreign national intends to stay at a tourist accommodation, the estimate for the required financial means takes into account the cost of lodging based on the applicable rates, and is at least 30 LVL a day.
If You need legal services or accounting services, please contact us
Tel. (371) 29 112 333